Mystic Beach


Yesterday I went down to Mystic beach. I wasn't really sure what I should expect, but in any case, it was shaping to be a beautiful day and I was totally down with hanging out on a beach for the morning.

Once we got there, it was about a 40 minute hike down to the beach, which in the end was totally worth it. As we were approaching the bottom of the hill, you could hear the waves crashing on the shore. It was so surreal. As we took our first steps onto the beach, I was in absolute awe. It was exactly what the it sounded like. The waves from the ocean, the early morning, and the overcast weather, sent this light mist all over the waterfront. It was absolutely beautiful.

As we wondered the stretch of the beach front, I took photos and videos so I could always remember that moment. Although I took a video of the waves crashing on the beach front, it doesn't even give it justice of the actual sound you heard. It was like one of those tape recordings you hear on a relaxation CD, but better.

We walked around for a while and ended up deciding to light a fire and hang out for a bit longer. It was a perfect morning : ocean front, crashing waves, crisp air, a warm fire and someone who has become one of the people who will forever be in my west coast experience.

It's moments like these that make me love two things : 1) the west coast in general and 2) the idea that you don't really need much of anything to make you happy. Surprisingly I was out of BlackBerry range for several hours and didn't freak out - a first for me. I guess I was just lost in the beauty of it all. I know for me personally, I can sit and watch the ocean for hours, I did the same thing when I was in Florida many years ago... something about a big body of water can be quite captivating.

If you ever get the chance to visit Vancouver Island, make sure you make the trip up to Mystic Beach, because you will not be disappointed.





Comments

Popular Posts