Closing Time


Well, can you believe that I am in my final weeks of my on-campus portion of my degree program? There are only 17 schools days left... and then the final step of my undergrad is to head to London to work in a hotel. I am definitely starting to have one of those 'pinch me' moments. Even though I'm waist deep in assignments (currently working on an ethics paper, but am obviously distracted)... in any case, I still cannot believe I am going. Although the situation right now is a little bleak.. no job, no flat (which will of course come hand in hand in the last moment possible..) it is still very exciting.

Yesterday I had a discussion with one of my good friends about I'm never one to have a back up plan, or how he phrased it " Kaitlin doesn't have a parachute.. ever" and the more I think about it, I don't. I guess I'm really not that person to have a back up plan, because failing is definitely not an option for me. Though that may sound conceited or over confident, I consider it ambitious. Obviously, worse case scenario, I board my flight to London.. still with no job or flat and I just have to show up and be ready to apply in person to as many hospitality environments as possible. Ultimately, this will NOT happen, as I refuse to even let it. There are some good things happening right now with two different hotel groups, and I can only keep my fingers crossed, and truly manifest my way into working for either of them. I'm sure it will happen... I know it will happen.

In other news, I have recently returned from  my impromptu visit to Toronto. It was absolutely necessary in my eyes and I am feeling a lot more grounded and focused because of it. There are some seriously important people in my life who reside there and I was glad to have my group of friends and support around me, even if it was only for 5 days. Though I won't see any of them until December, it seems to be okay to me. There were some loose ends I needed to tie up with certain people, but in any case, I'm feeling really good and confident about my new venture into London.

Though I have only few friends there, the idea is so absolutely exciting. I will be starting my first job to strategically move my career in the direction I want it to go in. And truly London is only the beginning in all of this. There are several other countries I want to visit and live/work in and I am truly blessed to know that these opportunities will come in life. So, with this being said, sorry for my absence recently, with Toronto and now my final assignments and exams around the corner, it might be a little quiet here. Well, wish me luck! Hopefully more good news to come soon. Oh, and don't forget to do something exciting this summer! Now's the time to get those plans in order.


Comments

Popular Posts