Kaleidoscope Thoughts

 
 All the colors
Of the rainbow
Hidden 'neath my skin

Hearts have colors
Don't we all know?
Red runs through our veins

Feel the fire burning up
Inspire me with blood
Of blue and green

I have hope
Inside is not a heart
But a kaleidoscope
 
Kaleidoscope Heart- Sara Bareilles
 
 
 
 
When I first heard this song, something resonated with me. Sara's album Kaleidoscope Heart is amazing, but this song in particular is an introduction to the entire album, as most of the songs talk about life and love. As I mentioned in my previous post, the title of my blog would be changing as I no longer live on the west coast of Canada. So, as I sat down to decide, what am I going to re-name my blog, the word kaleidoscope came into my mind.

A kaleidoscope is a cylinder with mirrors containing loose, colored objects such as beads or pebbles and bits of glass. As the viewer looks into one end, light entering the other creates a colorful pattern, due to the reflection off of the mirrors. Coined in 1817 by Scottish inventor Sir David Brewster "kaleidoscope" is derived from the Ancient Greek καλός (kalos), "beautiful, beauty", εἶδος (eidos), "that which is seen: form, shape"and σκοπέω (skopeō), "to look to, to examine", hence "observer of beautiful forms." (Wikipedia, 2012)
 
So as Wikipedia explained it to be an  "observer of beautiful forms" just kind of stuck in my head. The way I see it is, with my new move to London, UK and my future plans to keep traveling around the globe, I will have the privilege of viewing the world and all its beauty and all it has to offer- which is a lot! 

So, as live comes at you in a million different directions, I'm now starting my new chapter in London, UK. After saying it for the longest time, I have finally arrived and am loving it! Living in Fulham is lovely- cute little neighborhood with loads of shops to discover. Central London has been awesome as well, a little bit confusing as none of the streets are straight, but rather go in a circle.. I'll get it eventually! 

This next week is going to be pretty exciting with two interviews and more of central London to discover! The city girl is finally back in the city and couldn't be happier about it!
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts