High Risk, High Reward.


Well, It's almost been one week in London, and what an adventure so far! In the last week I've seen some of London, done some shopping and gotten the opportunity of a lifetime!

Today, I sat in down to have my final interview with a luxury hotel property. Not really sure what to expect, he asked me more personal questions which really got me thinking. What was the purpose of London, and why travel all this way, with no real job security or living situation.

I've said it before, but I think these high risk moments really illuminate the key points in my personality: Achiever, Competitor, Positivity... these characteristics define me. So coming out here, with no job wasn't really that much of an obstacle, because I knew eventually I'd succeed.

Success happened to me today, I received a verbal offer for a job at the luxury hotel property, The Savoy. My start date is pending, but I will be working in the American Bar, the oldest cocktail lounge in London. Last year it won and award for best bar in the world... no pressure right? I couldn't be more excited, grateful and elated to have such an opportunity. This right he defines the beginning of one very big step in the right direction for my career. 

I took a minute today to sit down and have a glass of champagne at the pub near my house, to really take in the moment, the accomplishment. Though getting the job is the first step, performing is the second step! I have complete faith in myself that I will do well, as long as I put the energy and effort in to it, again, coming to risk everything, usually brings you rewards that you may not be able to measure.

All things aside, the last week of my life has been a bit of a whirlwind, but all I can say is hard work, persistence, dedication and confidence will get you anywhere you want to be.

 

Comments

  1. It's the only way to live. All in. Congrats, way to go rolling the dice of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts