Afternoon thought.


I think the most interesting part about being in London is the amount of people that flood the city everyday. As I sit in a Starbucks on the strand, I can't help but watch everyone as they walk by, you sort of wonder why they're here... If they live in London, if they're visiting or just staying for a undefined amount of time.

There are seven billion people in the world, and as that number continues to grow daily, it is always interesting to me... what are we all doing here?

People pass by the store window on their way to work, on their way home, perhaps heading to a venue somewhere... but everyone has a purpose for what they're doing... so what's mine?

As I sit here and wonder exactly idea, I am constantly, if not daily reminded to "chill out" or "slow down" or hear the famous words "you are only twenty" ... as if age has anything to do with it. I understand things can change in an instant... I could step outside the front doors of this Starbucks and get hit by a bus, though it is unlikely to happen, and knock on wood so it doesn't... the point is, we are all on borrowed time... there is no minimum in life and you sort of have to embrace each moment as it comes to you, and have a plan for the next. Something to work towards, strive towards, give yourself a purpose for each moment.

I think I've always been one of those people who plans for everything as much as possible... as I am determined to get somewhere, for that specific reason. I wouldn't be here in London otherwise. I'm driven by my goals and thrive on my success. Although admittedly, I can easily get caught up in the idea that tomorrow might be better than today, so I want to get there quickly and I lose sight of now.

What I've realized is that there is no harm in slowing down to smell the roses, but more importantly, it's to also keep going again as there are things to accomplish, goals to meet... exceed and success to occur, ultimately you may never know what will happen next, but you do your damnedest to stick to the plan you've created for yourself, because it is what you want... and no one can change that.

In the words of my favourite movie, which also happens to be Canadian, from the movie One Week..." To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield."

Something we should all live by....

Comments

Popular Posts