Living London

525, 600 minutes, 365 days, 12 months, 52 weeks... How do you measure a year? 

One year ago today I arrived in the UK and I never expected to be in the place I am now. 

Last year I boarded a flight from Vancouver to London and the 10 hour travel had me in knots the entire time. Once I stepped foot on UK soil part of me finally felt like I had made a decision in my life that was so completely right. 

As I look back on the last year of my life, the heartbreak I experienced, the cities I've traveled, the friends I've made, the self discoveries I've had and finding whom I believe to be the love of my life for years to come, it's been an incredible journey that I would not change for a second. 

You picture your life to be a certain way, you had your own expectations, ideas, goals and dreams and to be half way there is such an accomplishment. I've grown so much, and realised that home is where you are, you're strongest on your own and that travel is the only thing we buy that makes us richer. 

Ill share these stories for the rest of my life and it's sparked a burning desire in me to keep going. 

With just under 10 months left in the UK I hope to see 3 or 4 more countries, explore the rest of the UK as much as possible and take it all in. 

The next step is to travel to Australia after London and I think the wheels are in motion to go forward with that idea. I want to keep going, keep exploring and seeing the world as much as I can. 

One year later, one year older and well, hopefully a little bit wiser... 

Happy Anniversary London; you've changed my life and I couldn't be happier. 

Comments

Popular Posts