Wicked



On Tuesday June 5th, 2012 I had the wonderful opportunity to see Wicked, at the Apollo Victoria theatre right here in London! The entire cast and crew did a fabulous job in putting on a magnificent show. What stood out to me the most (as I've seen several musical, been apart of some and other threatre productions in general) was the incredible vocal styling of the all cast members. I was in absolute awe with Rachel Tucker's voice(Elphaba, the wicked witch). Gina Beck, (Glinda) had more of a classical styling to her voice, that was just as stunning. Together, the pair captivated the audience with every vocal performance! Rachel's voice in particular seemed to have a sound that I hadn't heard before, so powerful, well trained and simply a delight to hear. When the two performed Defying Gravity... that was it, I knew I would be returning to see the musical again at some point.

Wicked get's a five star review in my opinion, I don't see one ounce of improvement that needs to be made. There is no question in my mind as to why the show has been on the London stage for so long- since 2006. I can only assume that every night they are almost full, and every night the cast puts on a fantastic show. Below is a clip I found on youtube of the Defying Gravity performance from the London musical.. though the quality is not great, it still sounds awesome! 

If you are ever in London, do yourself a favour.. go see Wicked- you won't be disappointed!

Also, Apollo Victoria really needs to make a CD of the London cast in particular- simply divine!


Comments

Popular Posts