Forward.

Well, let's start off by saying it's been too long since I've put thoughts into writing; which for me is always an important process, to almost work through everything. 

Since my last post a lot has changed and stayed the same- if that makes any sense. 

For a while I was working on trying to stay in the UK and my head and heart were totally behind it, until my boyfriend expressed his thoughts on wanting to travel and live abroad. 

As I sat down and thought about it, that if I decided to leave I know there would be big challenges to coming back, but gaining more international experience would only be able to validate and be a stronger argument on coming back. 

So as we talked about possibly Australia or somewhere else, he mentioned Sweden. Completely foreign to anything I've ever thought of I sat down as said, why not? And as we lied next to each other in bed one night, it was more evident and we turned to each other and said "fuck it- let's go to Sweden". 

So here I am about 6 weeks after that thought, after much investigation, we're trying to break into Stockholm hospitality scene as soon as possible. I've had one good job lead and definitely want to have another one or two, because options are good! My boyfriend has been diligently sending out his CV as well, has had some good response but nothing concrete as of yet.  

As I move forward and the looming date of expiry on my UK visa approaches I get excited and nervous all together hoping we can pull off this adventure as smooth and easy as possible. 

For a while my friends questioned well why Stockholm, why not Australia like you first mentioned or London like you were so interested in? And to be entirely honest- I could try all those things, and I absolutely will at some point but what's most important to me here and now is trying this move with him. We've put the research behind us, I am applying for my visa early next week and it's all just kind of slowly coming into place. We plan on going for a night in early March, check out the scene and see if we can knock down some doors and get our feet wet with job opportunities. 

I'm nervous, excited, apprehensive and optimistic all together because no matter which way you look at it it can work out or it can't. 

As I go forward I put all my energy and time in to hoping and knowing it will, because hard work pays off. And there is proof in that. 

So yeah, I'm moving to Stockholm, Sweden for the end of April. London has been an incredible experience and I'm sure I will find myself back here one day. 
 
"A life without love is like a year without summer" Swedish Proverb. 

Comments

Popular Posts